Pastor's High School Focus
Providing the opportunity for young people and their families to find Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior by spreading the Gospel through an intentional planned focus on the local High Schools through God’s Spirit and His people.God has provided a set place where 5 days a week hundreds, if not thousands, of students, teachers, admin and staff (and by extension their families) are located.
The young will take their lead from those who influence them the most, so who shall influence this generation. Socrates
Preach the Gospel at all times, when necessary use words.
Francis of Assisi
Though not allowed to evangelize directly, most schools are very open to receiving support and volunteers from the local churches. Schools have a great need for volunteers who will coach, tutor, mentor, act as lunch or play ground attendants and more. Each of these provide opportunity for a positive Christian influence in young peoples lives, in addition to the awesome opportunity to pray, and connect with those who will be the future of our Nation and the Church.
If not us, then who?
If not now, then when?
Click below for available Material to setup a High School Prayer Focus in your Church.
Your local Schools
- The Church – gathering the Body across denominational boundaries
- Senior Pastors – Vision, Direction, Covering Authority & Leadership
- High School Pastors – ‘Boots on the Ground’ Leadership
- Prayer Teams – Prayer coverage
- College Ministry – Prayer, tutoring
- Men’s ministry – Prayer, Mentoring, Tutoring
- Women’s Ministry - Prayer, Mentoring, Tutoring
- Senior Ministry - Prayer, Mentoring, Tutoring
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes
- Youth for Christ
- Existing Christian Clubs on Campus
- Christian Teachers, Principals, Administration Staff and Janitorial Staff, etc.
- Retired Christian Teachers, Principals, Administration Staff and Janitorial Staff
Stratēgos (Gk): a long term plan of action designed to achieve a particular goal
Continuous, coordinated focus on High Schools that feed into the local Church to win young people and their families for Christ while regaining territory lost to the enemy. Extending into the Middle School and Elementary.
Taktikē (Gk): The techniques for using weapons or military units in combination for engaging and defeating an enemy in battle.
- Senior Pastor – provide Vision, Direction and Encouragement to the Congregation
“Pastors on the Premises” http://nppnblog.blogspot.com/2007/07/city-impact-san-berardino-ca-pastors.html
- High School Pastors (and/or a Operation Team to facilitate or assist) – connecting with “Feeder schools” through
- Christian Clubs on Campus
- Christian Teachers on Campus
- Coordinating special events
Ø Meet us at the Pole
Ø National Day of Prayer
Ø CSP DAY - Christian Students Prayer for Teacher/Admin Day
- Cooperating in local “Body of Christ” Events
Ø Christian Concerts using school, church or local facilities (Mt. Helix)
Ø 9/11 Prayer Event
Ø Election 2008
- Continuing to provide ongoing, vibrant “in church” High School Ministry
- Disseminating Prayer needs and Physical needs to the Congregation
- Prayer Walks on Campus – Every Ministry can participate on site or off. Quarterly High School Prayer Walk Days - Saturday event (including a simple things like “take a trash bag to clean campus would have big impacts on campuses)
- Tutoring – On Campus or Off - Retired Teachers or people with appropriate expertise can volunteer.
- Volunteers - people with appropriate expertise can volunteer to act as Counselors, Mediators, Security, Coaches, Scorekeepers, Trainers, and Saturday Campus Clean up days, (each a workers/helpers with a continual attitude of prayer and missions.)
- Giving: Loaves and Fish – The church or individual ministries with in the Church can donate to the High school based on specific needs – Checking with Department Heads or individual Teachers/Coaches – copy paper, Books, magazines, markers, water, sports equipment, grounds clean up, plants, Snack bags at Finals, etc.